Hello hello, happy 2014! I love 2014 already! I’m so looking forward to the next few months.
We spent New Year’s exhausted on the couch from helping my mother move. We painted, cleaned, etc. but as tired as I felt I am beyond happy that my mom is in a more comfortable space. Also, I watched Ariel move a loveseat all by him sexy self and boy, that man… het gets things done! haha! The holidays were pretty quiet around here, except for that one Saturday we had an ugly sweater party… that was fun.
As it has been my case this entire year, I’ve been terrible at keeping up with this blog and since I don’t have any material ready for posting right now, I decided to do one of these questionnaire things like the MySpace days, remember those? But hey being as corny as it is, it kinda makes you think back on what you have done in the past 12 months. Some things I really had to think about… time flies and how easy it is to forget the good times, right? Well, here’s my little interview with myself about myself : )
1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
I rode an elephant, kissed a baby tiger, held a snake (ew!), photographed a birth–that was awesome!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions and will you make any for next year?
I remember I started a 28 Before 29 List, but i can’t remember where or what I wrote except for getting my license and that did not happen. I know. I know.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I had two friends who gave birth to beautiful babies and many others as per my Facebook feed… keep those babies coming ya’ll!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My uncle about a month ago. Great man.
5. What countries did you visit?
I visited Thailand for our Friends Moon and Haiti just recently on an amazing adventure with some really awesome medical people
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
I want to make more time for photography, to be more creative and get out there more and shoot the things that challenge me… I want more of that.
7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory and why?
I just think May was a great month… I’ll always remember May 2013– our honeymoon and a special wedding happened.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Well, said visit to Haiti above was an achievement for me. I was able to raise funds to cover the expenses for the trip in very little time considering the amount of time i had to plan for it… to say that I am extremely grateful to everyone who supported me is an understatement. It was a life changing trip, one that I’ll never forget.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I set a goal to read 20 books this year and was only able to read 10. You know that saying, “so many books so little time”? Well, yeah, very true!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Oh no thank goodness!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A 1 Year Anniversary photo shoot. I love the photos so much, I have them framed throughout the house and Carmen was just so awesome and I’ll forever cherish these images. It is a tradition I’m hoping to keep each year.
12. Where did most of your money go?
Bills and some unnecessary things that sadly I cannot remember at the moment.
13. What did you get really excited about?
so many things! but especially finding out that Caritza is having a baby… best news ever! Can’t wait for that little one to come into this world in June!
14. What song will always remind you of 2013?
Get Lucky ; )
15. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder? Thinner or fatter? Richer or poorer?
Happier, fatter, poorer. Let’s focus on the happy, Okay? ; )
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Early last summer I started going for runs at the park. At first it was a struggle, but I kept at it, you know, and just like that I was loving the struggle. I loved it, but then I stopped for whatever reason. It’s that thing that once you stop it is really really hard to get back on track, making excuses like the weather is horrible or something. This year I’m not going to do that. I’m running!
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Spending so much money on said unnecessary things. Things I cannot remember what they are at the moment. Also, worrying too much. I worry a lot.
18. How did you spend Christmas?
Happily at home. I cooked a small dinner for my family and I think it was the best dinner i’ve cooked. ever!I’m very proud I finally braved up and roasted some pork shoulder!
19. What was your favorite TV program?
Girls. Love that show!
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
Oh i have a post coming up soon about the books i read in 2013. My two favorite of the year are Where’d you go Bernadette and Me Before you. Love!
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
hehe i loved pop music this year–I am usually in my own world listening to singer/songwriters– this year i was just like, eh let’s put Spotify’s top list. I enjoyed most of the songs there. Especially Robin Thicke’s Blurred Lines, Miley Cyrus’ We Can’t Stop and Get Lucky by Daft Punk. I was in a dancing mood pretty often ; )
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
I feel like I’ll forever have a teenager’s heart haha! I really loved Pitch Perfect I even listened to the soundtrack for days!
23. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I was 29 and Ariel surprised me with inviting everyone over and had my sweet mother in law cook up a delicious meal. It was awesome!
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I really really wanted to join a softball team and was really sad it didn’t happen. Instead I joined a kickball team but it wasn’t equally satisfying. Boo!
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
I personally think it was terrible. Pinterest’s Fashion boards have me conflicted about my fashion choices ; )
26. What kept you sane?
Ariel. Although, most time you’ll find me blaming him for my insanity, he’s the only one that keeps me sane.
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
I’ll use this quote I love: “Everything you want is on the other side of fear” – can’t remember who said this, but I constantly have to remind myself to move out of my way…
Welcome 2014! Let’s Do This!
xoxo – Julia
Photo by Carmen Santorelli